"When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds: Your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great, and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be." - Patanjali

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Udaipur

Udaipur is the ultimate A-grade tourist town. In every way possible, the entire population must be touched by the tourist trade.

The towns interior, especially close to the magnificent City Palace is the place to be for any tourist wanting to be in the thick of the action.

Lately when writing about a town, I put myself back there, amongst the bazaars, the little shacks selling whatever, and I feel inspired, where the words just form thmselves.

Unfortunately for Udaipur apart from the palace, I really don't feel I can say much for the place. It seems a little too touristy, almost made up.

Maybe you can find something in the pictures that I couldn't find in being there.

No comments: