"When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds: Your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great, and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be." - Patanjali

Saturday, January 07, 2006

I'm in love

So really, am in love. Paneer butter masala. Very fine dish. Its pretty what i eat most days. Skip breakfast and head straight for that around 12ish...Not healthy but theres no parent within a 20hr flight of me!!!! That way I haven't lost weight and probably have gained some.

So yeah keeping well. Managing ok. Currently in Junagadh, and I plan to leave for Somnath tom sometime. You know those old rackety gov't buses? Thats what I travel in. Its not that bad. You just need to develop a technique to deal with the bumps, otherwise your but gets a severe whack!

And slowly my Hindi is improving. I find myself even thinking in my broken Hindi. So it was great when I spoke to Neeraj today. Another Aussie accent! Actually mine is holding up rather well. Or so a friend told me over the phone. I hunt down tourists and have a chat. And although everyone asks "which country are you from?" I reply "nai...mai Bangalore sai hoon". The hardest guys to covince so far are htel guys over the phone. Which is quite a lot considering from my appearance I stand out like a sre thumb. Don't really need to colour my hair to scream tourist!

But am living the back packer life. I have a back pack and kit bag which does the trick. I decide a couple of days in advance where I go next, and I talk to anyone who wants to talk to me. My opening line at a bus stop is where does this bus go. And it flows from there.

In Ajanta myself and some Americans got lost from the tour guide, so we chatted. Zack is in the military based in Japan, and in the future wants to study arts and history in India. Brave. I also ran into some Italians at Shatrunjaya, but I kept my distance.

But apart from talking to foreigners I have been good. Someone asked me how the girls are and whether I've had luck? The short answer is they're quite fine and I haven't done anything, even though parents are a good 20hr flight away.

Is it lonely? Yeah it is at times. But I keep msging ppl and they msg me, so its all good. I enjoy this travel by myself thing. I have a book, and my lonely planet.

Anyways, thats all I have at the moment. When i next find a cyber cafe will give you an update...

No comments: