"When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds: Your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great, and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be." - Patanjali

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

A note on Rajasthan

So the barrage of pictures of Rajasthan is finshed...the place is a dream and at times the dream felt as though it were played out centuries ago...much of the places to see are well preserved and untouched, and are quite a delight.

However it is this same lazy perfectness that draws tourists by the thousands, and with money to be made, these locations lose the charm of yestryear. In anycase, the magic still remains if you look hard enough.

The place I loved the most was Bundi. That way, its untouched by tourism, and has an elegance about it. Will definately have to back there at some stage...

On a sad (well, its tragic, but am not tremendously down about it) note, I lost most of the pics I took from Jaisalmer onwards. So all the ones I've put up, are it.

In Jaipur, I owe many many thanks to Umesh and Shivani for taking me around and showing me, in quite a lot of detail, Jaipur and its surrounds. I was in touch with them through Raja, our family friend in Ahmedabad, ad thought, at most, that here was a contact were I to fall on my death bed, or be arrested by the cops! I called Shivani, and within a minute, she had asked where I was staying and said she'll be right over.

Surprised, I said, yeah sure. When she arrived I wasn't sure what to do. I asked, do you want to come to my room, or do you want to want to stay in the lobby...I don't think it was much of a question! After the introductions, she asked if I was ready...ready for what? I thought...she replied that we're showing you around...and that they well and trully did. I had an awesome time with them, and it was justr great, having a couple of friends to talk to and spare experiences and so on..

Anwyays, I am still in Himachal, working at CORD. Will write more in detail as to what I've been up to soon...

No comments: